Setting up an appointment
Before you start regularly working with one of our team members, one of our intake specialists will speak with you on the phone for about 15 minutes to get a better sense of what you’re looking for and how we can best meet your needs. There is no charge for this service.
Scheduling your phone intake is easy and can be done online!
- First, go to our online booking page and select a time that works best for you. You can also click “Book Now” on the navigation tab of our website.
- You will receive a confirmation from one of our intake specialists, as well as a questionnaire that will help us learn more about you. Please fill this out before your phone session.
- Your clinician will call you at your appointment time using the phone number that you provide.
- During your phone session, your clinician will review your intake questionnaire, talk with you about logistical issues like budget, clinician preference, and schedule, and try to match you with an available therapist.
- If we are able to find a good fit for you here, you will receive a follow-up email from the clinician you will be meeting with, who will confirm your regular appointment time and send you important documents regarding your work with us at KIP.
Typically, you will meet with your therapist at a regularly scheduled time once a week. We recommend that you commit to 20 consecutive sessions. Many clients see considerable improvement during that time frame. When 20 sessions are reached, you and your clinician will discuss your progress and determine the best course of action. In many cases, clients notice enough improvement within this period and decide to terminate their treatment.